Friday, February 01, 2008
Book Review: The Road *Possible spoilers*
Coffee husband (or is he ex-coffee husband now?) loaned this to me awhile ago but I knew it was coming up for book club so I held on to it. Everyone who reads it recommends that you read it along with another book because it’s pretty intense. That really didn’t get me excited about reading it. All in all, I’m glad I read it and I found it very interesting but it’s horrifying at parts and tense at others. I thought a book about a father and son walking along a road might be dull but, surprisingly, it isn’t. I particularly thought this when I realized that there were hardly any other people in the world alive but again, was pleasantly surprised. As I said, I’m glad I read it but I would be hesitant to recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Spoiler alert may be warranted . . .
:P
Good call - I don't think I said anything that wasn't on the back cover of the book...but just in case.
I was only teasing.
You didn't really say anything, I just noticed the "when I realized there were hardly any other people alive" and though, oh, guess that cat's out of the bag if I read it. But that doesn't sound like a plot twist or anything. I was just in a goofy mood that day.
Crazy hormonal lady messing with my emotions for fun. Really nice ;)
Post a Comment