Wednesday, February 20, 2008
So a blind man gets on the bus…
I don’t know whether he was one of the first on the bus or whether 2 people moved for him. The fact was that when I got on the bus, it was standing room only and very little of that. People were crammed together up to the magic line that you aren’t supposed to stand in front of and the seeing-eye dog was sitting next to her man who was in the first seat. Next to him was an empty seat. Somehow, I got funny looks when I smiled and said “Is there room there for me?” since the seats aren’t exactly generous and I didn’t want to end up sitting half on the man or the woman on the other side and I didn’t want to startle him. Apparently I’m supposed to crowd with everyone else and carefully avoid sitting next to this nice man (which I know because I’ve talked to him several times on the bus) and his very lovely dog (who makes me all but sit on my hands because I know I can’t pet her)? I got looks like I was rude for treating him pretty much how I would treat any one else…well, anyone else with a sweet dog at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment