Last week I got my first call from Harvest House since we moved into our house. I learned at a young age that it’s very dangerous to buy anything from Harvest House because, although it’s a good cause and the young men are very nice, they will call you until you want to stick a pencil in your ear in the hopes that you won’t hear the phone ringing anymore. Last night I got my second call from Harvest House. The odd thing is that I haven’t spent much time in the past…let’s say 29 years making cards. The rare day here or there but I was making a template for a card exchange I’m in the first time they called. It provided me with an easy excuse as to why I didn’t want to buy their greeting cards. When they called last night and I told them that I’d already gotten a call. He asked if I’d bought the greeting cards and I told him no…and once again I had the handy excuse that I was in the middle of making cards. I’ll post them when they’re done but they’re turning out pretty well.
As for the lady on the bus…there’s this one woman who I see regularly on the morning bus. She drives me crazy. Not only does she seem to have an odd sense of entitlement (to seats, to pushing past people, to putting her purse on the seat next to her when there are people standing) but she just screams “chemical cocktail”. Let me explain. First, the woman is a walking list of things not to do if you don’t want to get cancer. In the dead of winter, she is always deeply tanned. She has those lovely “I’m a smoker” lines around her mouth and always smells of smoke. Plus (and I realize these things aren’t connected to cancer but they are connected to the chemical thing), her teeth are crazy bleached. Think Ross in that Friends episode. Her hair is frosted…not highlighted, not dyed, frosted à la 1980s. As much as I try not to judge (well, okay, I try not to judge publicly), this woman drives me crazy.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment