Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Eco-sucking...but save a tree!

I know, I know. I've been sick and finding eco-tips hasn't been my focus as I try to save a tree by sticking Kleenex up my nose instead of blowing my nose and throwing it out...no, that's not the tip.

You know when you go to a fast food restaurant or coffee shop? You know you do it - a couple of ketchups or cream and sugar and a great big pile of napkins. Now, as someone with a nickname of Spilley (yes, with an "e"), I appreciate that there's always the chance that you'll need all those napkins. How often do you honestly use them all though? Think back. By the time the coffee's on your lap, chances are that having the napkins that much closer to you isn't going to help matters (a Tide-to-go stick, possibly). You'll leave the extras on the table for the next person? Seriously - would you ever use napkins that were left on a table even if they looked innocent? Just take a couple and go back if you use those up - or even if you're about to use them up to prepare for eventual disaster.

No comments: