I was on the bus on the way home yesterday feeling a little guilty about my meanness towards the bus lady. Then this man sat down next to me. He kept pulling out his cell phone and then finally he made a call. A very loud call. A very loud call in which he was telling off the woman on the other end for not finalizing his contract and telling her that he would begin work tomorrow, as discussed but he would not be in Thursday unless he received a contract by the end of Wednesday. Everyone else on the bus was looking around at each other. This went on for quite some time. Then he called a second person, a man. Very loudly he told the man similar things and that he’s angry about the way things have been working. He’s never had problems with Company X (which he named) before and if there are delays they should be talking to X, Y and Z (each of their full names given). He then proceeded to tell the man on the other end that he couldn’t believe how unprofessional they were (pausing when the bus driver announced the next stop).
After I got off the bus with 2 other people (with some difficulty given that I had to get his attention long enough for him to get up and let me pass) I asked the woman next to me if she found it ironic that he was complaining about their lack of professionalism. She laughed and started discussing how she couldn’t figure out why such a very important man would be taking the bus. Ah, jerks on the bus, you make it so easy to make friends with strangers.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree. I hate it when people make phone calls in public - and I don't mean "Hi, I'm on my way", but very personal, private or as you point out, potentially confidential calls.
I'm not quite sure why people think just because they have the technology with them to make these calls that it is appropriate. The rest of us can still hear you! Where did propriety go when cell phones were invented?
Post a Comment