After complaining regularly that my showers are often not hot (okay, so I like them to burn), this morning the husband tells me that it's because I have "freakishly short showers"...or was it "frickin' short showers"...short showers anyway. I explained that after my sister and I started taking marathon showers as teenagers, my dad would bang on the wall after 10 minutes and we knew our time was up. I don't know whether this is the cause or the fact that I just can't be bothered to get up a second earlier than absolutely necessary but dad, look what you've raised.
Another habit I got from my father...walking quickly. People regularly comment (a.k.a complain in the husband's case) that I walk very quickly. Not when meandering or walking Dashy but when I'm walking to the car or the bus or trying to get to a particular destination. A friend commented that it's probably because I have long legs. My theory is that years of my father not slowing down for me as a kid despite his height and long legs and my lack thereof taught me to boot it when I need to get somewhere. I remember being scared that I wouldn't keep up even though I was running and he would leave me. Somehow, I don't think that I ever thought to ask him to slow down though...not that he would have. It sure does come in handy when I need to get somewhere quickly or when, you know, the short-legged husband is making a not-so-quiet comment about someone across the hall and you need to seem like you're with that group of people up ahead and not with him.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment