Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cellophane Flowers of Yellow and Green

Walking home the other evening from the bus stop, I was looking at neighbor's garden. She has this large (softball size) flowers that are very pretty. They're actually pink and purple but they don't look right. They're just too perfect, you know? That's because their plastic. Am I the only one who finds this odd? Clearly the woman who lives around the corner in another direction wouldn't find this weird since she has fake shrubs and has extremely plastic flowers that she only puts in for the winter.

Now our flowers that I planted last weekend are, admittedly, a disaster. We waited so long to buy they that they all had grown really tall and the stalks are all too long to support themselves. At least they're green. And real. I may not have a green thumb but at least it's real.

No comments: