Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Got Junk?

I'll admit, when thinking of the company 1 800 Got Junk, I haven't had a very high opinion. At best, I would have considered them slightly above scavengers on the food chain (you know, like a polite hyena that asks its victim nicely first).

We've been trying to get rid of an old dishwasher and dryer, neither of which work, for a long, long time. Finally, I gave up and called them as my first of "I'll pay you to get rid of this" calls. My expectations were low. I talked to a very nice man on the phone who gave me a minimum and maximum quote and had me set up an appointment (9:00 - 12:00 on a particular Monday). He said that the guys who came would give an exact quote and you were under no obligation. It didn't matter whether the items were in the basement, in a closet, where ever, no extra charge. So the day of came. At 8:30, husband gets a phone call saying they'd be there in half an hour. 2 very courteous (or so I'm told) men came in and gave a quote within the range I'd been given and got rid of the appliances as requested. They left some coupons for our next junk experience. 2 days later, I check the voicemail at home and it's a customer service rep. asking how the service was and to please call if we were dissatisfied. Several weeks later, we then got a "thank you for being customers" postcard in the mail.

Honestly, it cost a little more than I originally expected (before having called anyone) but since we couldn't seem to find anyone else to take it, it was worth it.

No comments: