Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bus rant, episode 200

I was on course a few mornings ago and my dear husband mapped out a bus route for me to get there. The problem being that at my stop, busses regularly pass by without stopping if there’s another one going in the same direction. That’s right, the same direction – not necessarily to the same place. That means that I often have to take a bus downtown and then transfer because the bus that goes straight to my work drives right by it. Guess what, I didn’t get to take the right bus. Therefore, I didn’t manage to make the connection since the original bus was supposed to change into the next bus I was supposed to take. Apparently I’m just as good at getting lost on the bus as in a car. The next bus wasn’t coming for a long, long time so I took a bus going in the right direction. I would up very lost and some wonderful drivers and supervisors helped me a lot. I still managed to show up late for the 3-hour course after an hour and a half on the bus. The course ended after an hour and 40 minutes…then I had to figure out how to get back to work.

No comments: