Remember “Reduce, reuse, recycle”? Great. People are pretty good these days at the recycling part of that but did you know that it’s hierarchical? THE most important of the three is the “reduce”. Here’s where my handy-dandy new soap pump comes in. I got it for Christmas, by request, from my dear sister. It uses only 1/10 of the soap of a regular dispenser but makes it into foam so that it feels like just as much and still gets the job done. And it’s fun. Using 1/10 of the soap not only saves money but it reduces the waste from me buying (and disposing of) as many refills, the waste from producing the soap, the energy used to produce the soap and the amount of soap that needs to be filtered out of the water system. It’s from pampered chef although I’m sure you can get them elsewhere.
Also as part or reducing…I may have posted this already. I was out Christmas shopping with my coffee husband for our real spouses. I bought a robe and, knowing I was going to use a bag to wrap it, told the salesperson that I didn’t need a box. I then explained to coffee husband that I was trying not to use so many boxes this year to which the salesperson actually LAUGHED IN MY FACE. Well, okay, she made a “tsss” noise and rolled her eyes at me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment