You know the rest. Re-reading my post from last March about Lee putting a maxi pad on Dash's ear reminded me of another time Lee pulled out his emergency bandage of choice.
For years I've seen bagel slicers and heard about people who have cut themselves while slicing a bagel. For years I've said "what's wrong with these people that they can't cut a bagel. You see where this is going...I don't remember how long ago it happened but I do know I'm still a little afraid of our bread knife. I sliced my thumb really deeply, right across. To his credit, instead of getting mad at me for being careless (which I realize is just a reaction to worrying when I hurt myself), Lee dove into action. He ignored my usual reaction to blood (hysterical laughter) and stuck my thumb under the faucet to get clean - all the blood helped ensure that. Then he ran upstairs and got a pad which he proceeded to tape around my thumb. For the record, we now have a decent stash of bandages - bought after Dash's incident, not mine.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment