Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sitting on the seat of the bus

I was thinking about how funny it is that a whole bunch of movie songs that I wrote down when I was younger, without knowing the singer, are Otis Redding Songs. This was inspired by me thinking about how much better it would be listening to my favourite Otis Redding CD instead of second hand dance music from the girl beside me. I remember how much I always loved the song Sitting on the Dock of the Bay in Top Gun. When I finally got a copy of it (it wasn’t on the soundtrack, much to my chagrin), I discovered it was by some guy name Otis Redding. Love Man from Dirty Dancing? Same guy. It was only when I discovered that the music from the absolute best scene in Pretty in Pink (Try a Little Tenderness) was also by Otis Redding that I decided it was time to get to know Otis Redding instead of just happening upon his music. You've gotta love him (and Respect him...sorry, bad pun).

No comments: