Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Old friends, new books.

That kind of sums up my weekend. Saturday I finally managed to get together with Nikki and went to her last dress fitting for her wedding dress (which looks gorgeous) then lunch. After that, the day was pretty much dedicated to Amber and Dave – first a surprise baby shower and then a surprise birthday party for Amber’s dad. All in all, a lot of fun.

Sunday started with book club…which reminds me, I’m a little behind on book stuff. Only 4 of us were able to attend but we had a good time despite messing up all the rules of book club and forgetting to do the administrative work until after the meeting. That’s right, I said administrative work – husband teases me about how our book club meetings are so official. We managed to have a nice and fairly upbeat discussion given that the book was the most depressing book ever. Actually, scratch that…I have memories of She’s Come Undone floating in my head.

I wanted to go out all afternoon but husband was napping and mom wasn’t up for it and I haven’t been good enough at staying in touch with people to call them out of the blue for coffee. The old adage “if you can’t beat ‘em…” rings true and I settled down for a long winter’s nap. To my delight, I was woken up by Ferda! Well, technically by the phone ringing but it was Ferda and I haven’t talked to her in forever. Plans for coffee and French practice are in the works.

No comments: