I was in the kitchen at work and a colleague went to get a plastic utensil because she doesn’t like using the communal utensils. I was with 2 other colleagues. A (not his real name, in case that’s not obvious!) went into the cupboard and said “Well, you guys could always use this” holding up a small spice container with a bit of dish detergent in the bottom. “Someone brings it in – I use it all the time, I don’t think it’s a problem. Just to let you in on my little secret.” So, yeah, I was wondering who was using my dish soap all the time! I have to say, we had a good time calling him on it but I did appreciate him letting me know I could use the dish soap I brought in. Ah, office kitchens, there’s always something to entertain.
Meanwhile, last week a big container of dish soap was put on the counter (which I assume means it’s for everyone?) and someone has a big coffee maker there that’s full of coffee and there’s a big thing of cream in the fridge. At this point, I’m not sure whether it’s for public consumption yet…seems weird to put it there if it isn’t but it also seems weird not to pass the word around. I’ll keep you updated. I almost had a cup but then I chickened out and made tea.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment