Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dear Man on the bus yesterday afternoon:

I’m not sure why you sat right next to me when we were the only people on the bus. It was a little creepy. Of course, I choose my seat very strategically – since I’m the first on the bus, I choose one that’s forward facing and near the back doors so that I can get out without too much trouble even if a crowd of people get on at the stop before mine. However, there were about 4 seats other than the one next to me that fit those criteria. Is it possible that you have more specific criteria than I do? If I’m not the first on the bus, not sitting next to someone becomes my #1 criterion though. Having said that, I don’t usually move if I’m already sitting next to someone and a full seat opens up…I don’t like to make people feel like they were good enough to sit with a minute ago but now they have cooties. I would not have felt rejected if you had sat somewhere else though. Still, thanks for tipping your head away from me when you fell asleep. Also for not snoring, it’s been a long time since I’ve had someone asleep next to me who wasn’t snoring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry wrong one. Scorch!!!