I'll admit I've been a little hesitant to try some of the green cleaning techniques that I've been told about. Part of me doesn't trust them to do some of the dirtier tasks, part of me keeps saying I'll wait until the Costco-sized cleaners run out and most of me just avoids cleaning.
There's one item in my house that drives me crazy though - the garbage can. The lid has been dirty since a few weeks after we got it (dog paw prints mostly). Because the top isn't smooth, it's difficult to clean. I've tried Comet, sprays and all kinds of toxic things that should have burnt right through the plastic. Nothing worked. Someone told me to try a baking soda paste and I decided to go for it. If I'm being honest, partly just to prove them wrong. You know what? I have a perfectly white lid on my garbage can now. I also got a spray bottle and made a vinegar solution for the windows and it seems to work just as well (using old newspapers so that bits of paper towel don't get stuck to the window).
I don't know that I'm willing to trust my toilets or my sink to these things yet but it's all about little steps, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From my lecture on "less toxic environment for babies"...here's a website with some home made alternatives as well as "better choices" for products. Take it for what it's worth!
http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca/index.asp?fetch=household
Lots more websites for other things if you want them! ET
Post a Comment